Morning sickness remedies: what worked for you?

7 weeks pregnant w/ #3 and this is the sickest I've been....guess I was lucky not to experience this with the first two, this is terrible! I feel like I can't do anything! What can I take to help me?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 10:47 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The only thing that has ever worked for me, and it BLOWS when you have other children, is regular unisom. They say to take half a pill in the morning and a full at night. You feel like a zombie since you're tired from pregnancy anyway, but it helps you eat and sleep.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:49 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I was never actually sick, just felt it when I was rushing. I found that sipping Tonic water and eating dry biscuits helped when I felt icky. Hope this helps!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:49 AM on May. 17, 2011

• zofran...its a prescription anti nausea medicine
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 10:50 AM on May. 17, 2011

• These worked for me:
    -lemon drops
    -lots of water
    -a bucket near my bed and a bucket in my car
    -saltines beside my bed for when i woke up. I took them and then I had some water and then got out of bed.
    -Zofran - my doctor prescribed it because I just couldn't take it any more and it was my best friend during the first trimester.

Good luck!
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 10:51 AM on May. 17, 2011

• peppermints or sprite with ice. goldfish. saltines sometimes. cheese toast. GOOD LUCK!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 10:51 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Unisom and B12 is usually the first things drs recommend. I took Zofran and it didn't work, but does for a lot of people. I was sick the entire 9 months with my 4th and 5th babies. I ended up going through 4-5 different medications, because it was so bad I was losing weight and I'm 120 lbs pre pregnancy so I don't have a lot to lose. Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 10:53 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh I hear ya!!! I am still sick and only have a few weeks to go! I drink Ice water with a splash of lemonade & drink it through a straw & that helps me. Also they sell ginger candies to suck on or candied ginger. They taste gross but really help. Hang in there Momma! Hope you feel better soon :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:58 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I just had to eat ALL the time... if I had even a little bit of food in my stomach I felt better... so I just munched on stuff all day. For me it was protein (nuts, cheese or meat), fruit and crackers/bread.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• some good old pb & j. only thing that worked for me, and honey altiods
    luckymama2012

Answer by luckymama2012 at 10:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Zofran was the only thing that worked for me, and it was awesome. My morning sickness was really extreme though, and I continually had to go to the hospital to get fluids for dehydration. It was rough. But Zofran worked well.
    BananaMuffins

Answer by BananaMuffins at 11:04 AM on May. 17, 2011