Extreme couponing

I started watching the show today and im amazed! I wish I could save as much as they do. I spend no less than 300.00 twice a month for a family of 4 ( my husband, 6 yr old, 2yr old and myself) I tried to cut down using coupons but I can never find coupons for the things I need and I don't use coupons unless I need it or i'll be defeating the whole purpose of using coupons. Do you use coupons? If so, how much do you typically save or spend on groceries?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Shopping

• I dont personally. My mil used to be an extreme coupon lady back in the day. Now with the show coming back on she is doing it again. It seems like too much work for me. But whatever she gets (and she gets alot she wont use ever) she brings to me. She brought me boxes of Kashi cereal last week lol. But she goes to 4-5 different grocery stores every week.

Answer by gemgem at 10:53 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I do.

I save 50% of my bill. I do NOT however, buy stuff I don't need. Nor do I hoard years worth. months maybe, but, not years.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I use coupons, but I'm just starting out so I'm not real good at it yet. I save probably $60-$70 off my grocery bill right now by using them and matching them up with the in-store sale ads.
    BananaMuffins

Answer by BananaMuffins at 11:05 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I use coupons when I can for things I will use, but I don't have any desire to hoard even months of food so we don't go overboard with it. The only woman I have seen on that show that actually impressed me was a single black lady from PA (I think). She only bought what she needed and could use, none of that crap of buying 200 packages of cat treats and not having a cat.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:38 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I have recently started using coupons too. To be honest, it is fun to do & very easy to get into however, I have stuck with this idea: cut coupons for items I know for a fact we will use/or eat ONLY! Other than that, I make sure that whatever I do purchase is a non-perishable item. I don't see the use of buying a lot of refrigerated items in bulk, for example, since I don't have a storage freezer or anything like that.
    mia1alex

Answer by mia1alex at 6:43 PM on May. 17, 2011