Afterlife

sunHow can anyone not believe in an after life? Theirs proof in the Bible that God does exist that Angels have appeared to Prophets of old. People have died and seen their loved ones and when it wasn't their time to go were sent back,because obviously they have work to do here on earth. Life is too precious to just be sent into a nothing place, a void if you will. I would be afraid of dieing if I knew I was gonna be walking around in blackness,or just not exist anymore. Look at our universe,look at our world,and all the worlds out their,they don't just exist they are their for many reason.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do believe, and I don't if you get me, I really hope there is a heaven, but if there is a haven, there's a hell, and that scares me, I've done some bad things, but I've also done good too, the bad things include drugs & theft, does this mean I'm going to hell? I've turned my life around, try to do good for other people whenever I can, I give to charities when I can afford to, but I'm worried about the bad stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't know where to start on the ignorance presented by this question so I'll simply reply with this

slap

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:10 AM on May. 17, 2011

• The Bible doesn't prove anything to anyone except Christians, just like if I tried to prove something spiritual to you from the Tao Te Ching, you probably wouldn't view it as a valid source on spiritual matters.
    I don't know what happens to people after they die, because I do not see how anyone can know. It's not that I don't believe in an afterlife, it's just that I feel like no one really knows what happens.

.Wildflower.

Answer by .Wildflower. at 11:25 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Using the Bible to prove the God of the Bible is real and therefore is proven becasue the Bible says so is circular logic, which means it is illogical.
    There is no evidence that people "sent back" actually went anywhere but there is proof they suffered from either head trauma or a lack of oxygen both which would result in delusions and visions that don't really exist.
    You clearly are uncomfortable with the finality of life which is what maked life precious, it loses this when there is a life after life and you never learn to fully appreciate all you have here and now.
    Look into science and accretion, you'll learn quite a bit of why all the planets and the universe are "here" and it has nothing to do with a supreme being.
    Now I'm off to find my coffee.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:16 AM on May. 17, 2011

• How can anyone not believe in an after life? I believe in an afterlife just not in your version. I believe that when I die I will first be reincarnated a certain number of times and after I experience life to its fullest and I have come to know and understand every aspect and emotion of physical human life then I stay in the Summerland with them for an eternal afterlife. the Summerland to me is Heaven to someone like you.

Theirs proof in the Bible. only to you and others like you. its not proof to me. like another poster said if I tried to prove something spiritual to you from my own Grimoire it would mean nothing to you.

conitued..

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh boy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I do believe in one, but it's not a major part of my faith. Even if there isn't something more after this life I still see the validity in faith and all that for the here and now....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• pop you are right. That is exactly what I put and I stand by it. There is no proof just because someone says so. However, you are free to believe what you will but to try and convince me to believe just because it is written in an ancient text is not right. I might as well believe everything I read. I might as well believe that Ra is my god and so on.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• can of worms

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• How is there "proof" of anything in the bible? The bible is a book, there are Trillions and Trillions of books out there... NONE of them hold proof of anything. SOME of them discuss how proof of things have been found. Others talk about what that proof may be. But NONE OF THEM actually have proof in them. I can write a book about monkeys flying out of my ass, does that prove it happened? No.

Now, lets talk about the other issues in your question... There are many BIBLE BELIEVERS who would tell you the bible does NOT discuss or claim to hold any proof of an afterlife. In fact it states the "Dead Know Nothing." If there were an afterlife, you would know something after death...

And then there's the issue that YOUR VERSION of an afterlife has NO BEARING on those who don't share your beliefs! So, unless you're talking to people who do, your question is moot, and if they have your beliefs there's no point to the question!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 PM on May. 17, 2011