Am I the only one who's kids keep me extra slim?

when i am away from them i always gain 20 to 30 lbs!!! i feel so chunky right now. gonna be a long year away. lol. i went from a 3/4 to 7/8 in a few months... i am 6ft tall.

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 11:19 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My kid only kept me thin when she was a newborn till preschool age. Running after her and general care of her left little to no time for me.

Now, that she is 10, I have gained 10 lbs! yikes!!! But, it could also be the office job making me fat since i'm sitting here all day.
    amysaves

Answer by amysaves at 6:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I wish! One of my reasons for losing weight, though, is for the sake of keeping up with DS and being around for a long time for him.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• well i had 3 pregnancies in the last 3 years, I dont really watch what I eat but I'm certainly not chunky! I'm never away from them so I dont know if its them or just my body
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• If only! I spend all of my time with my kid and they have never kept me slim. No amount of running after children has ever put me in the slim category. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:33 AM on May. 17, 2011

• It has been a long time since I had kids at home but YES, they did keep me slim. And I didn't eat much either,LOL. I had three kids wthin 3 and 3/4 years and didn't gain much with each pregnancy and kept so busy with the three that I didn't gain weight
    I was 118 pounds,5 ft 4" until they were out of high school and in in college. Then I worked full time,sitting at a desk, and started gaining weight. THEN... ,I quit smoking. And went through menopause. RESULT: I need to lose at least 15 pounds. Darn.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:50 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I would say for being 6 ft tall you're healthy. If your kids make you slim down that much you must be a great mom to be able to keep up with them not just physically but spirtually also! Sometimes entertaining kids wears you out more than a work out! :)
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 2:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i have 3 ages 1,3 & 6. when i am not deployed i spend all my time with my kids too!! i've been gone 3 months now. the 1st year of my youngest 2 lives i was super skinny from the stress of being a single mom and the stress of the army. oh how i miss those stressful days!!
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 12:23 PM on May. 17, 2011