Has your child's school had an awards ceremony? What was your child awarded for?

i am so proud of my son. they had an awards ceremony this morning. he got 6 awards math, reading, language arts, PE, art, and the book campaign and he was one of two students who received a medal for outstanding citizenship. He was so excited to get the medal and i am so proud of him for his good behavior throughout the school year =)

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:31 AM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Congrats! We wont have ours until June 9th. My dd "graduates" kinder then and theyll give out the awards for them that morning.

Answer by gemgem at 11:38 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My child was awarded for his service-learning participation.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:55 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My two school age boys always clean up. Top readers, perfect attendance, e or e+ conduct, A or AB honor roll, science fair...it's awsome. It motivates them to do good in school and we are very proud. They also have an "auction" where they can "buy" cool stuff with the AR reading points they have earned. They've gotten video cameras, sports equipment, Christmas presents for family members (blankets, quilts, fruit baskets, parfume) and that is also an encouraging way to get them to read.
    texasfarmmom

Answer by texasfarmmom at 12:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Congratulations! We have an awards ceremony every nine weeks for honor roll. My son is always on the E honor roll. He was also a Kiwanis Terrific Kid for two years running.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 12:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I homeschool, so we don't really do anything like that, but the kids get awards from their sports once a season.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• they do 4 a year here ( army post) Kaleb got an award for , good behavor, being kind, outstanding academics, and a reading award.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:04 PM on May. 17, 2011

• PERFECT ATTENDANCE
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:04 PM on May. 17, 2011