Dilate?

I'm was 35 weeks when checked my cervix and not dilated yet? Can you dilate anytime after that to? How long does it takes to dilate? a week or anytime??? in 24 hours. my concerns!!

Boavang

Asked by Boavang at 11:44 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can dilate at any time. You most likely won't even know it. I'm surprised they checked you at 35 weeks anyways.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• its a little early to be dilated.. u can start dilating at any time u can be at 1 cm at 36 weeks and then go to 41 weeks or u can be completely closed and go into labor later that day... its different with everyone
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 11:45 AM on May. 17, 2011

• You don't have to dilate for labor to start and you to go from 0 to 10. Don't worry about dilation so much..it'll be ok.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:49 AM on May. 17, 2011

• the only way i knew i was dilated was my mucus plug came out and you have to be at least 2 and a half centimeters
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2011