I should be ashamed of myself, I think?

DH has ALWAYS been a blue collar man and works in a field where NO women work (except for the occasional tough woman who wants to try it out). So I've NEVER even had to think about other women being around DH at all - except this one dispatcher that took a fancy to him once - she got fired.

But after 5 years and a half dozen promotions, yesterday he started his new adventure as upper management. He's been transferred hours away from home and I won't be moving until we can find a house there, which may take some time (housing shortage - go figure) So he's there, I'm here.

He called me and while we were talking something happened, I heard a ruckus type noise then the line went dead. He called me back immediately and I could hear a woman laughing in the background, he was laughing too and telling me that his office chair just snapped and he fell backwards out of it. The woman laughing in the background is the secretary.

For a split nano second I felt a pang of jealousy. I have absolutely NO reason to distrust DH, never have had any reason. So why in the world would jealousy be the first emotion I have when I heard her laughing? I even laughed so hard myself when he told me about the chair breaking and him busting ass in the floor.

What the heck is wrong with me - I'm not a jealous person. Or I didn't think I was.

Could that feeling have come from hearing another woman sharing a laugh with my husband - and THAT'S something I've NEVER had as an experience before?

(Don't know where to put this - it's not really about our relationship - just my reaction to something I've never experienced before - and my reaction surprised me )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My guess would be that you miss him.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:48 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I would understand that, u are not used to him being around other women.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:49 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I feel ya, maybe being apart from him, that's hard in itself but try not to make something out of nothing.........Laughing is so good for the soul. Who knows maybe you and her when you get moved will be real close friends..............It will get better
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 11:50 AM on May. 17, 2011

• There is no reason why you should be ashamed of yourself. Sounds like your missing your husband and when you heard the laughing you felt left out.  

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Its probably just missing him, that woudl be hard being apart for so long.

Did I read that right? you and your husband never shared a laugh together???
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 11:53 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I trust DH, it is the women I do not, always trowing them self at him, one manage to hug him and I'm still upset. You're DH needs to be careful and stay clear of them.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 11:56 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I would guess it is because of being separate places right now.

I don't think you have anything to be jealous or worried about, BTW, just a reaction you had.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would say its because he is hours away and you are not there to share the laugh or anything right now in person.
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 1:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Did I read that right? you and your husband never shared a laugh together???

No, you did not read that right. I don't know where you got that from.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on May. 17, 2011

• O, I see where you got it from - No, you still did not read that right - my husband sharing a laugh with another woman is the thing I've never experienced before.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2011