1st drink??

when was the first time you had an adult beverage with your adult child?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:56 AM on May. 17, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• My oldest daughter is 23 and I guess she was 21. My youngest is 17 and she has drank with me on a few occasions
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 11:58 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My children are still children, 13, and 10. So, in the future by about 5-8 years, likely, depending on the laws.

I never had a drink w my parents, as an adult, until I was in my 30's, then it was just natural.. holidays or visits or hard days..
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 11:59 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My oldest turned 21 last June. Me and my friends and some of her friends took her to a bar and had a few drinks. It was so much fun.

Answer by gemgem at 12:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• with my oldest who is 24, i would say she was 21, but with my youngest who is 21 now, i would way he was probably 17, but it was at home and was not allowed to go anywhere.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 4:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Never....That's a line that we do not cross.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 6:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I ended up having a glass of win when she was in her 30's, mainly because I hardly ever drink.

Answer by older at 8:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have four children- I promised them I would take them out for their first drink on their 21st birthday if they did not drink until then. Our daughter and I went out on her birthday along with grandparents,my husband (her dad), and several friends. She did not finish the drink- none of the 3 boys made it to 21 before drinking so we have not drank with them. It was special for her and for us.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 9:56 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't think I ever have. We stopped drinking in front of our kids when they became teens. Even when we took my oldest to dinner for his 21st b day i didn't drink. I still don't drink much at all.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:41 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My husband and I let our son have an O'Doul's when he turned 19. I am always worried that one of my sons is drinking under age when he is at school. Oh well, I can remember doing that so maybe I shouldn't be worried.
    pjackson01

Answer by pjackson01 at 2:45 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I've never had an adult drink with my children. My DH & I don't drink alcohol, but our 2 kids do. They, however, rarely drink in front of us.
    Tweeby

Answer by Tweeby at 6:39 PM on May. 24, 2011