I don't understand the statement "I trust my husband, but not the other women"

To me, it seems that if you trust your husband, they will do the right thing no matter what another woman does.

As an adult, I would be offended if my partner said "I trust my wife, but not other men"...because it would feel like he was saying under the right pressure, I wouldn't be able to control myself. Completely not true!

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think the idea is that there are women who just don't care if a man is married they will flirt and try and get in his pants - I have known some of these women. I wouldn't want some scum trying to make moves on my husband even though I know he wouldn't do anything.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think that it is something that is said to make one feel better about the situation. Like maybe they are not sure, and are trying to convince themselves of their husbands loyalty. Men will be men, none are perfect.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yup, I agree. I understand not trusting other women cuz there are women that don't care if a man is married, or even prefer that he is!! but if you honestly trust your husband, these women don't matter, right? Unless they believe a woman will rape their husband or something lol. Not funny, just saying!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Unless my man is in a coma I have to agree with you.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 12:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think the meaning behind the statement "I trust my husband, not other women" is that there are some women out there who will do what ever possible to get what they want even if it's a married man.  I would hope my husband who have better judgement and not get himself into that situation.  I do believe it takes two to tangle,

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• JMO, women who make this statement do not have full trust in their spouses/ partners, They feel that another woman can manipulate their partners into doing things that they would not normally do. I think its a load of crap.
    momofcac

Answer by momofcac at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think I agree!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• A friend of mine (cousin actually) had a woman attempt to snag her husband. I found out the particular woman had a reputation as a home wrecker and admitted to being a home wrecker. I decided to chat it up with her. When I asked her why she was this way. Her response was that her life was exciting because of her "hobby".

I made sure to express to her how she was hurting children and not just other women or a man. I also pointed my husband out to her and challenged her to go for him. I informed her I was not afraid to flip hr little games back on her. Some of her behavior could be seen as harassment.

She seemed to genuinely have no problem with her hobby. I felt she may just be one of those women who Lifetime movies are based off of.

Anonymous

• i dont know...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:25 PM on May. 17, 2011