Home pregnancy test alternative, experiment: are you most fertile before menstration?

I have read that some people will use an opk to see if there is a trace of any raised hormones instead of weeing through thousands in hpt's. I'm too early to get a positive test (less than 2 weeks), have had small signs of symptoms, always irregular so I never know if it's menstral or not, had a negative test yesterday, then bought an opk. I tested on a strip and will post a pic as soon as my internet is up and going again (I'm using my droid), but the line was a defined pink line. It is darker than the controlled line. My theory is that I can use these test strips for a few days and see if the line gets lighter. If not than I will take another hpt in 2-3 days. (I sometimes have symptoms of menstrating with out bleeding). My question is; do you think this experiment will work and is a good alternative for being impatient? Are you most fertile right before af? (aunt flow)

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 12:07 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The ovulation predictor positive line will come and go for the whole two weeks in between ovulation and AF, so they won't tell you much. If that line persists through AF, you might be preggo.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:10 PM on May. 17, 2011