I am finding that people need jobs but dont want to actually work to succeed..... Have we really turned that LAZY..

amorrow4

Asked by amorrow4 at 12:10 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• YES!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 12:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes! There are jobs out there, but people just don't want to actually work or do a job that is "beneath" them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I dont know where you ladies live but no jobs here in Western NC. We used to make furniture so we have tons of empty where houses now. My dd gets about 50 applications for each job available at the McDonalds she manages.

Answer by gemgem at 12:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• There are some of that don't care to work, others not so much. They want the money, but not the effort that goes along with it.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• where are these so-called jobs? please let my husband know about them because he's applied everywhere from mcdonald's to insurance agencies and at every single business in our area and hasn't had a single offer. please elaborate on where all these "jobs" are, unless youre just another holier than thou starting trouble.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Idk maybe... but I work two jobs totaling 45 hours per week... that's on top of taking care of four kids. I don't really know what other people are doing, I just have only enough time to know that I do what I have to do to get by.

However, I have to say this. I think getting a job depends on where you live. Both my dh and dd have been looking for work. My dh has his own business, and he's going to keep that, but it's not bringing in enough to keep the bills paid. He can't even get a job at the nearby gas station or grocery store (he's tried). The competition in some cities is really tough. I keep telling my 16 yr old just to be persistent, and it will eventually pay off. There are just so many people applying for entry level jobs, that they can be really tough to get.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Well, tnm, in our area there are 7 fast food places that have help wanted signs in their windows, three daycares that are hiring, a casino, a public transportation job and several nursing homes. And that's just want I can think of right now. Maybe every area isn't like this, but we have jobs open and people that are too lazy to take them when they can get free money instead.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Hi. I think the answer to this question varies person-to-person. How do you come up with this assumption?

For instance, a job that is "beneath them" might earn them less money. It might not pay the bills more than the unemployment, or at all. It might not pay for daycare. Maybe they are insecure cause they aren't sure they will get hired - it gets hard to take rejection after rejection. So, again, I ask, how do you know?

Yes, there are people who don't want to work - there always are. But althought the government says the numbers of unemployed are low they don't count many. Of all people in the US, if you count those no longer on unemployment, or only partially employed, the number is more like 32-40%. This is confirmed. Do you honestly think 40% actually dont WANT to work? Think again.

There have always been those who don't want to. But most just run into logistical problems, or problems w stress and insecurity.
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 12:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have a college degree yet I have been cleaning for a living for over 8 years. I HATE cleaning but you know what? It's what my family needs from me so I do it.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 12:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I know plenty of people like that, yes...but I don't think it's fair to say everyone is. If NOBODY was willing to work, nothing would ever get done...so apparently somebody is doing something...somewhere.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:24 PM on May. 17, 2011