Where can I buy flaxseed?

I want to add it to my smoothies. What are the benefits, where is it located in walmart, how much is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I get mine at Whole Foods. I buy either the milled type or flaxseed oil.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Some grocery stores carry it (mine does). I don't shop at WM so I couldn't tell you if they do or not.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• you can find them at GNC or The Vitamin Shop or any grocery store with a good vitamin section. they also have flaxseed cereal. i work at stop n shop and we have tubs of flaxseeds in the vitamin section. it's loaded with omega 3,6, and 9 fatty acids
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

• winco in the bulk
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 1:08 PM on May. 17, 2011

• A lot of grocery stores carry it now...check out where their organic grains (whole wheat, barley etc) are. It's got Omega 3's (healthy fats) fiber (soluble and insoluble) and antioxidant qualities. It's really good in yogurt, add it to your cereal or oatmeal or in smoothies.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You can get it at pretty much any grocery store. It will be in the baking aisle. The kind I get is packaged similar to flour and sugar. Keep it in the fridge to prevent it from going rancid and I sprinkle it on everything from cereal to adding a couple of tablespoons to whatever I am baking. It's not very expensive, maybe $4.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't go to WalMart, but I doubt they have it. Most grocery stores will have it in or near the bulk foods section, or in the baking aisle. Be sure to get ground flax, because otherwise, you don't get the omega-3s that are inside the kernel. I add it to oatmeal, anything with batter, smoothies, yogurt... Just be sure to store it in the fridge closed up tight once it's open.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Walmart does have it, Usually Bob's Red Mill brand...so it's a larger bag. But you can find that brand or another brand almost anywhere. I've always read that it's best to grind them up, because leaving them whole doesn't let your body get to the good stuff inside. So I grind a small amount each week and sprinkle that on salads, cereal, yogurts and such.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:39 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I doubt walmart has it. I get mine at the healthfood store or my grocery stores organic section has it. Ground or a liquid. We like Barleans.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:21 PM on May. 18, 2011