Any ideas on a 12 year old girl's birthday party ideas?

My daughter just turned 12. She is too old for party games and when I asked her what she wanted she said I want a small party at home and I wanna just chill with my friends in my room. Problem is, we have a small house, and many younger cousins. Last time we had a party at my house it was cramped, hot and a disaster! Plus Im working 60 hours this week so not alot of time to plan!
Anyone have any ideas? I thought maybe games for her little sister who is 4 and the cousins. I have absolutely no ideas.
Thanks

gdnrs

Asked by gdnrs at 12:32 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Seems to me she made it easy on you... she wants to chill with her friends in her bedroom. How about no cousins this year? if anyone asks just be honest. DD asked that this birthday not be a big deal this year so we're not doing much.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• At 12, I asked my son what he would prefer. I thought about his favorite things, asked other moms in the area what the best places were to have parties, and then gave him a couple of options. Expensive place, and itinerary just with mom? Or a big or small party? A small party would allow for more friends to be invited, maybea theme, could be at home, or at an inexpensive venu. A big party would mean less friends, maybe the closest (but could have probs for those not invited), but could mean more activities, or maybe a fun place to have it at (venue).

shrug. I would ask her what she would prefer.
    With my boys, I asked them. The ideas were things I knew they were into (Pokemon, Laser Tag, Rock Climbing, Video Game places, etc.)

Hope this helps. I know it's a general answer, but I don't know your daughter.. Best of luck to you! :)
    Harmy

Answer by Harmy at 12:39 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would just order pizza have soda and some finger foods and let her and her friends hang out. Maybe get a movie.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:47 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You can always get a hotel room for one night w/ a indoor pool and order pizza, that seems to be popular these days, my daughter is 12yrs old and she been to a couple of sleep over's at the hotel and you don't have to worry about them messing up the house
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 1:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:49 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm with ttk... went to a small party at a hotel, we stayed in a double queen handicapped room (more floor space) and all brought a blanket and pillow. We swam, ate pizza, swam some more, passed out watching a movie, woke up, swam, ate breakfast, swam again and went home stinking like chlorine!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I would say she pretty much answered the question for you. If she wants to chill in her room with a couple of friends than I say let her. You may have to be specific as to the number of friends since your home is small. To make things a little more festive for her maybe order her favorite food and get a small cake or take her and her friends out to eat someplace she really enjoys.
    Ms.Ronee

Answer by Ms.Ronee at 2:09 PM on May. 18, 2011

• At 12 let her have a couple of friends over, her age mind you and let her decide what goes on from their. Give her a limit of 5 or 6 friends. Let them girls stay over if it is alright with their parents.
    Rollinro

Answer by Rollinro at 2:33 PM on May. 18, 2011