Can you jog if pregnant?

First I need to apologize for filling up this forum, I feel like a head case not knowing if I'm pregnant or not. :)
I dont know if I'm pregnant or not, could jogging mess with the chances of miscarriage? How far pregnant can you be and still jog or have a high intensity work out?

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 12:32 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I jog at 8 months without any issues, just make sure that you stay hydrated. It is a good thing to stay in shape while being pregnant.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• What I have always been told is that if your body is use to jogging, then you should be fine. It's when you don't normally jog then start jogging while pregnant that could mess with your body.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 12:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I agree with the above...just don't start anything new and check with your dr first. I jogged up until I was about 7 months.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:39 PM on May. 17, 2011

• How about when it's too early for a test? Will it alter anything or is it, "what's done is done"?
    triciabc21

Comment by triciabc21 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i jogged and sprinted, weight lifted, did ab workouts the entire 9 months. the only thing you cannot do while pregnant is take heavy medicine, don't worry about anything else. all the taboos are wrong. the only thing that hurts the baby is heavy medicine, smoking, and alcohol
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:43 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If you are used to jogging it is fine! Good luck and congrats!
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 1:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I liked using the eliptical machines that are lower impact, so I didn't feel like I was jarring my baby.

I agree with the PP that said if you were used to doing it before pregnancy, it is likely safe, but not to start anything new without talking to a doctor.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:18 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think it is okay to jog in your first and second trimester. I think you should just do walking in your third trimester though.
    Diamond2010

Answer by Diamond2010 at 5:16 PM on May. 17, 2011