How do I help my 2yr old potty trainer to poopin her potty!

My dd is potty training. She wears pull ups all day and will go pee every single time in her potty, but WILL NOT poop in it! She goes in her pull up. Any ideas on how to help her do so?? Ive tried mommy going at the same time kinda thing, telling her thats where poopy goes etc......please help with any suggestions

Dawn

mommy_of_2_0609

Asked by mommy_of_2_0609 at 12:37 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• honestly if it were me i'd put her in panties all day. this is what i'm doing with my 2 and a half year old. ive always felt that children might have this mindset with pull ups: "if it looks like a diaper, feels like a diaper, it's a diaper" so i let her wear panties and just deal with the accidents, though rare. i take her to the potty frequently and reward her for just sitting on it, she gets twice the reward for pee and will get 3 times the reward for poop when that happens (i use stickers). the only time she wears diapers is at nap/bedtime since this whole potty thing is still new to her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:41 PM on May. 17, 2011

• sometimes kids are afraid to poop in the potty because it feels like a piece of them is falling out. I don't know if I'd use this but my mom said she put a teaspoon of mineral oil in my drink to make me have to go and so I didn't have the choice to hold it and then once I went and saw that I was okay, I had no problems going after that. But if I were you, I would just try talking to her and telling her that it's supposed to happen and it's how her body gets rid of leftovers.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Thank you :) Ive thought about it but just dreaded the accidents lol. But thats what us mommas are here for. Im going to get her some panties asap.
    mommy_of_2_0609

Comment by mommy_of_2_0609 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I remember when Dr. Phil had suggestions about potty training. He suggested using a baby doll and letting your child show the baby doll how to go potty or poop on the potty and then having a big party. If you do it like 7 times a day or something like that .. it gets in their head. You just have to keep taking them and showing them and when they are showing the baby for some reason it makes them want to do it.. then you ask them to show the baby how to do it on the potty..That's how I potty trained my kids.. it works.. I hope this helps;)
    Deannasword

Answer by Deannasword at 1:15 PM on May. 17, 2011