Is my husband having second thoughts about wanting to come back to work on our marriage?

My husband moved out of our home two weeks ago, and filed for divorce the very next week! He was very very distant for awhile, and wanted no contact with me at all. Now he is expressing his emotions to me, and is calling to chat with me more often than he did before! Does this mean that he could be having second thoughts about giving up on our marriage? I want him to come back home, because we dohave three kids togehter and we all miss him more than words can say. He is still fighting it and told me that he isn't sure how he feels. I just need some insight as to what this could possibly mean...Thanks!

bmills5

Asked by bmills5 at 1:09 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like his mistress is losing interest in him. So he is turning back to you.
    Anonymous

• Do not get your hopes up cause I know how men can me cause my mom has been through two divorces but you would think he would not be that selfish and would try to work things out for the sake of his family including you.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I totally agree with Anon.. sounds like the grass isn't greener on the other side after all and he is trying to find a way to break it to you
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but that is easier said than done! We have been together nine years and have three kids together! We have had some rough times, but also some really really good ones! Most of our marital problems have been very typical issues within a marriage. One minute he is broken hearted and then the next he is telling me that there is no chance for us! I'm not too sure what to do at this point, all I know is that I want my life back!
    bmills5

Comment by bmills5 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yepp... sounds like his girlfriend isn't as much fun as she was before. I would tell him to get lost and find someone who appreciates you!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 1:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Sounds like he has a mistress on the side.

Answer by gemgem at 1:18 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Why wouldn't he just come out and tell me that he tried it, and hated it? He knows that I would welcome him back with open arms, because our family is just that important to me! If he knew the offer was on the table, why would he fight it so much?
    bmills5

Comment by bmills5 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Maybe the offer needs to not be on the table for him to decide. Don't let him play games with you. Start planning life without him. He needs to know you won't wait around forever.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 1:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Honestly, if it were me, I would be so hurt that he felt that he could up and leave our family and file for divorce IMMEDIATELY, that I would not be waiting there with open arms.

To me, that is not something you "just do". You better damn well mean it before you walk out on your family...and that is EXACTLY what his action was. He LEFT. The saying is true - - "actions speak louder than words".
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:11 PM on May. 17, 2011

• He has been so hot and cold lately, it has been almost impossible to read him! I thought I knew him better than this! I just don't get how someone can just walk away from their family and try to move on so quickly. Somewhere deep down inside he has to know that what he is doing isn't right! I just wish he could understand the damage this has done to me and our daughters!
    bmills5

Comment by bmills5 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on May. 17, 2011