Ans: Wk @ Hm: the skinny on Pre Paid Legal

Well here we go again. I don't know if anyone reads this, but in doing more research I found that Pre Paid Legal is just like Pamered Chef and the like. They all sell valuable products, but to belong you pay a fee, sell the product and recruit members to make more money. Some like this structure and do well with it. I am just trying to get the truth out there with so many of us looking for real work at home opportunities. Good luck to all.

BTW I have an actual slide showing the structure from PPL video, if you are interested.

ochsamom

Asked by ochsamom at 1:13 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• thanks for passing the info along.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I haven't heard much about it but then again...I wasn't looking into it. I think a lot of people confuse a WAH job with a WAH business. I have a home based business but I knew that when I signed up. WAH jobs are much harder to find so you'll find more ads and info about businesses. Good luck in your search!!

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 1:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Like the pp said it is a business, so yes their will be a fee. WAHJ's are few and far between.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I am not being defensive, simply stating facts because really it is nothing like pampered Chef. since you are obviously upset when people talk to you about a business, I might suggest looking to freelance work instead... Simply put, looking on here for people that offer you a "job", is them owning a business and you will get paid in a like form of structure with anyone that you talk to about it. My suggestion would be to stop looking here and go google freelance work.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• And that is fine! A business, especially PrePaid Legal is NOT for everyone. I was simply saying that freelance work is a "job" base. There are hundreds if not millions of people that post on freelancing sites because they need someone to work what they cannot. An example would be article writing. A website wants more articles, but 5 people cannot keep up with it, so they hire people with a computer to do it for them. They send you the requirements, they tell you what they want, you find the info and type it up and send it in. It won't give you 1,000+ a month, but it is some money for a person that needs between 2-600 extra a month (depending on how hard you work and what you are hired for depends on how much you make). I use to do work at www.freelancer.com it's a pretty easy site, but if you have ?'s i'm more than happy to help you through it.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My spouse and I have home based businesses, that we started from scratch

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Correct OP, but you don't have to have the business to have the "product". I think that part might confuse people just a little bit. If any of you want to know a little more about it, message me and I can give you a video link to view. Yes, it IS a business, not a job, but unlike most companies, to do the business it's only a one time fee, no yearly cost or monthly (unless you of course want the fabulous service). There is no "set amount" to stay active.. pay for it, do it for a month, stop for 3 years and then start doing it after that. Unless you cancel, there is NO other fee that you need to pay to continue (I know with some companies like Mary Kay you have to stay active to sell, and if you are inactive for a year you have to start all over again with the fee).
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• There is a product/service and I have seen the video. I dont't want to call out the company too much, it is up to each of us to make our own decisions. I did save the video and the structure plan. My only purpose in this post is to inform others that the stucture is much like Pamered Chef, Tupperware, Amway, etc. Some like that stucture very much. For those of us searching for work, this is valuable info. to help make our decision. Yes K it is not exact, but it is definately similar.
    ochsamom

Comment by ochsamom (original poster) at 2:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Similarity means nothing. How would you know about a new product line of clothing if you didn't have people out there marketing it? Do you think the car salesman you bought your car from works for free? No, in fact he makes money the same way we do. If you're trying to say that PrePaid Legal is something that people should avoid, I want to ask you why. We have the same money making plan as everything else out there, the only difference is we are on the New York Stock Exchanged, recognized by the Chamber of Commerce and have been recognized by FORBES magazine, Black Enterprise and the Wall Street journal. We are one of the Top 100 small businesses in the USA! So, that is one of the MANY things that there is different. We have the rating and the back up of a million different things in the USA. So, again, let me ask you why you feel this way?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Its amusing that you keep posting these Businesses and say they are no different from one another sell, recruit Build..

Correct me if I am wrong but Every Business in America is the same...Someone is at the top who OWNS the company and they have multitudes of employees who perform jobs for a measeley paycheck and make the top boss more money..Walmart to the shoe store...
    all work at home businesses that are legit too have a product or service and people referr promote or sell a product ...

As for PPL they ARE NOT like Pampered Chef, we have no products, orders, parties, deliveries, catalogs. etc and BTW our Compensation plan is rated #1 with the US Chamber of COmmerce

But I agree if YOU DONT WANT A BUSINESS then you need to specify I want a job you wont be so upset when people tell you what they have

We are A NYSE company making us a COMPLETELY public informational company. and top Achieving financially
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:12 PM on May. 17, 2011