Second DD...

And we are thinking of the name Lilyan Hattie ... what do you think? We were also tossing around the name Lilyan Ellie...

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 1:14 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Baby Names

• Lilyan Ellie I like.
    I would probably spell it Lillyanne or Lillyann but that's just me : )
    Pretty name....
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think Lilyan is pronounced more like Lillian, but I really like Lillyann too!
    kaylan010

Comment by kaylan010 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Lilyan Hattie. Does Hattie have special meaning to you?

I don't think Lilyan Ellie flows together.. they kinda rhyme.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes, Hattie is my great great grandmother's name!
    kaylan010

Comment by kaylan010 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on May. 17, 2011

• the only thing i can think of is the spelling of the first name. Its cute but I would worry that the child would have trouble with having it misspelled and mispronounced. I love both names though and think either would be cute.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 2:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Like Hattie
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My name is Laila (pronounced Lie-La) and I tell people my mother couldn't spell. It sucked when I was a kid...nothing had my name on it, like cups or pencils...but it has been a conversation starter as long as I can remember.

I'm not sure how to pronounce Hattie, but if it is as I think it is, I like Lillian Hattie. Hattie is pretty popular now...in fact, in "Babies" (a very cool movie btw) one of the four babies is called Hattie.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 8:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• How about Lillian? I love the name and love that the middle name has meaning behind it :)
    BeautyFromPain

Answer by BeautyFromPain at 9:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The names are both really pretty, but I am not sure about the first name.. I would probably say "Lil-yan" if I came across this name. If you are going with Lillian, just go with the way people know how to pronounce. I have a unique name, and even though it is spelled simply, I swear people will constantly say it wrong, and it will frustrate your daughter! I'm speaking from experience... my name is Cindal. ("sin-dull"). And you will not believe some of the ways people try and say my name. I always hated the first day of school, the first roll call, because I knew the dreaded moment would come, when my name would come up,and they would NEVER say my name right, and I would have to correct them, and it sucks.
    And if you are wondering where my name came from, its from a 1985 Ewok movie.. the things some people name their kids, I would know! lol
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:06 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I like it better with Ellie.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:07 PM on May. 19, 2011