Moving in a few months...should I begin potty training now, or wait until the move is completed?

My dd is almost three and I am beginning the process of potty training. Should I wait until we move? Or should I just go for it? She's not really interested, but she is showing signs that she is ready to learn. We are moving cross country.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would wait, children need to feel comfy where they are and moving so soon could be harmful
    Anonymous

• I potty trained at a 2 1/2 years and it only took a week and a half. If your moving in a few months that should be plenty of time.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• At that age it will only take a few days to train her. Just take away the diapers, put on underwear and take her frequently. I would do it now. Stay home for 3 days and devote it to potty training. She'll get it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I waited with my oldest until our move was complete. We moved from New York to Washington state. It is truly up to you. You could always have a little potty in your car ready to go if she needs to use it, but it is not guaranteed that she will not have an accident.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 1:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'd wait. We're moving too and have been attempting to potty train for a while. You don't want to be in the middle of it move..and the stress of moving makes him go backwards.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:21 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i would wait
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'd probably wait until you get moved, and the child is comfortable in the new house... Good luck!
    Dara0820

Answer by Dara0820 at 1:42 PM on May. 17, 2011