Do you have a good relationship with your mother?

Growing up I have always felt my mom favored my brother over me. And even as a grown adult, I still feel that way.

mummacat124

Asked by mummacat124 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Not growing up so much. But now we are like best friends. We are only 14 yrs apart.
    Anonymous

• when I was growing up living with my mom we NEVER got alone we always bumped heads. When I was 18 I moved out and I love he more than ever
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 5:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• not when i was younger but now its alil better not the best though
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had a pretty good relationship with my mom growing up. We had the usual fight all teenage girls have with their moms, but all in all pretty good. After I moved out, got married and had kids we became more equals and I learned how hard it is to be a mom and grew to appreciate everything she had done for me and my sisters. Mom died 5 years ago tomorrow, and the only regret I have about our relationship is that I wish I had actually told her what she meant to me as a mom and a friend and what a positive role model and example she was. Ladies, if you have the chance to do that (and it applies) let your mom's know how loved they are, you'll never regret saying it, but you will regret not saying it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No...I like my dad more than her and he was in my life sporadically....I felt like she chose my brother, sister, and her husband over me...she wasn't there for me after I got raped when I was 11 (she basically told me that it was my fault), we lived in different relatives' houses (most of the time, I was molested), we had problems keeping the utilities on (which is why we were in the relatives' houses)....she doesn't take care of herself or my brother (who has cerebral palsy and epilepsy)....he gets an SSI check every month but she needs someone to buy him a winter coat...she just makes me so angry....I just don't want anything to do with her, really...and I know it's unhealthy to have these ill feelings but I don't know what to do...

moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Its better now...
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 6:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• No, I have an awesome relationship with my Mom, I always have had that with her. To this day, when something good or bad happens, she is the first one I call. Theres nothing I wouldn't do for her. She raised 4 children alone, me and 3 brothers, and I have soooooo much respect for that little lady!!!
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• my mother has health problems and I have taken care of he since I was 8 about 6 months ago she had to move in with me and my family she was not here very long when she started dating again and she has now moved out and went to my grandmas house bucause she didnt like that I was concerned about that she was doing and she also dont come to see my kids and they miss her so much but I am not going to say anything until after the holydays to many men in her life no time for her family
    cdw5

Answer by cdw5 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• she is your one and only mom you will have try to fix it before it is too late or let things stay the way they are now and the both of you will regret it later.
    Anonymous