Why does evey teen mom now-a-days name their daughter Neveah?

I have seen it at least 10 times in the past couple years, through friends of friends tv and so on.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 1:22 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Baby Names

• hahaha i seriously giggle to myself every time i hear about another person naming their child Nevaeh! Its ridiculous how this name took off! I think i hate their reason for it "heaven spelled backwards" more than the sound of the name. The name is ugly, overused and IS NOT UNIQUE so stop condemning your children by using this name!
    Anonymous

• Im a teen mom and I see this too. I have no idea why they do it but I personally HATE the name
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:23 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My friend and his gf decided they would be even more "unique" and name their daughter (born May 2010) "Ananeveah."

I'm about as sick of Neveah as I am of all the Aiden names out there...(Jayden, Brayden, Kayden, Aiden...)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 1:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I can not stand that name ugh!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:38 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I can't stand it either. Actually for me...it to me Heaven backwards would be Hell. Just sayin
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 1:38 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I havent noticed. My dd was a teen mom and didnt name her dd that, her friends a teen mom and also didnt use it. Around here that name is over done and no one uses it.

Answer by gemgem at 1:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It isn't just teen moms. There are a LOT of girls with that name lately. Too "fadish" for me.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My brother and sister in law are naming my neice this ! ( she is due in Sept. ) ..... NONE of us liked that name at all... not even my brother but SIL kept pushing for it because it was " so unique and cool " ..... I know about 15 other nevaehs just in our small little town....I told her we are going to give her a nickname lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I was a teen mom and I saw it all the time too! It's a rather ugly name and hearing it constantly gets annoying.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I hate this name! I swear that every ghetto hoe that goes on Maury to find out who their baby daddy is, name their girl neveah. So that image is what I associate with the name... And now its on the 10 worst names ever list. Its not unique. Its not cute.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:31 PM on May. 17, 2011