When did you start potty training your daughter, and HOW.

I have a 14 month old, and I'm wondering when and how I need to go about potty training her, I've looked stuff up...but I want experienced mama's opinions. Thanks ladies!

Dara0820

Asked by Dara0820 at 1:22 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Good question! Potty training a boy seems so much easier. Im clueless on potty training my daughter
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I waited until she turned 3. Then I took the diapers away completely. Right to underwear. The very first time she went on the potty she got it. She was completely trained in 3 days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My daughter was 13 months..we weren't going to push it if she didn't want to but she took great to it. Fully potty trained by 18 months! We asked her several times if she wanted to pee pee on the big girls potty.
    Ashisexhausted1

Answer by Ashisexhausted1 at 1:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• with my daughter it was super easy ... I waitied until she was 26 months and we just took her and let her pick out some underwear she liked and had her "throw away" her pull ups ( i actually kept the bag in case we needed them lol ) ... and that was all it took... she literally didnt have any accidents or anything.

My son if a different story though and I have been trying for awhile with him ... he will be 3 in October and only wants to pee on the potty when its fun lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 1:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• 14 months might be too soon for some children so if your child doesn't pick it up yet don't get discouraged and just try again in 6 months or so. I don't know how well this method would work on a child that age ( it might though) but I put my daughter in big girl underwear so she would be able to feel the wet when she went in her underwear and recognize the feeling and associate it with the urge to go ( the key being they are old enough to recognize the urge to go or else no method in the world will make a difference) once she realized she didn't like that feeling she started going on the potty. I would ask her if she needed to go every 30 mins and we would make a trip to the potty, if she didn't go no big deal and I would say good try and when she did go we made a huge deal out of it praising her a whole lot. took about a 5 days for number one and a week and a half for number 2.>>
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• there's a book by adelle davis, potty training in a day.. Worked for my daughter... We used cheerios with my son... Target practice...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 1:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• occasionally she might have an accident but it was usually because we got really busy and stopped checking on her to see if she had to go. she was one of those kids where she would forget she had to go if she was in the middle of something really exciting. So for the few months after she started consistantly going on the potty I would keep asking her every so often if she had to go
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I started with my oldest at 12 months, but with it being warm out it was hard cause she didn't want to come in the house to go potty so I stopped until after summer she was 18 months and trained at 19 months. My youngest I started at 13 months cause she was keeping her diaper dry at nap and bedtime she hasn't wet the bed since 12 months old. She was nearly potty trained at 16 months old, but we had to stop because she got real sick with rotavirus and had diarehea and well training when they have direhea was very hard lol. So by the time we started back up she was 19 or 20 months and fully trained by 21 months. There isn't enough room to put it here, but if you want you can go to my profile and go down to my journals. I wrote it there because I was having people message me and ask how I did it that young and was tired of rewriting lol. You have to be consistant though.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Mine is 22 months right now and we are just starting to introduce the potty, and asking her and stuff. She is being a late talker so we were waiting till she could tell us she had to go. And now is starting to get all mad and want to change her iaper when she pee right away. So I thik we are getting close to activly potty training her. Im thinking we are going to wait a few month till she is 2 and after we move in August and get settled to prevent regressing. You'll know when she is ready, she will tell you! Haha.
    SierraLynn

Answer by SierraLynn at 1:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• 36 months, I put the potty chair in the living room so that she didn't think she was missing out on anything when she went.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 1:40 PM on May. 17, 2011