Step family matters

When you remarry and have children from your previous marriage.....

Okay my new hubby has a child from his PM.... and his ex is so mad he is married that she is creating drama issues with their son to try and get his attention in these suttle drama ways....
But my DH cant seee this...
Help.

I need to get rid of her.
I want to move further away....She lives 10mins from us.

No need to talk with him anymore b/c he doenst get it....so I as his wife gotta take action

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• just ignore her and work on your relationship with your husband, the stronger you two are as a couple the harder it will be for her to cause drama.

My dh's ex was the same way & it drove me crazy. She would always be calling and trying to talk with him, emailing him and nothing had to do with his DD. Just her trying to get his attention because it drove her nuts that I was with him. Well one day it finally hit me and I started inviting her in and showing her pictures of our wedding and then always let her know whenever we would have "special" plans even if it wasn't our weekend to have SD I just wanted to make sure that she knew that we had plans. Finally, I think she was sick of hearing how great everything was with us and stopped all the drama and contact. Now she only contacts him regarding his DD. But the most import part of it all was that DH and I keep our relationship strong, that's how we survived and defeated her
    Anonymous

• Nothing you can do. You married into it knowing it was a package deal. There is always drama with ex's. Always.

Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• girl you have stepped into a big pile of poo! I am in the same type of relationship except my dh had full custody of his dd when I met him. The bio mom only lived 5mins away from us. I just put my foot down and told him that I would not accept the things his dd was doing when she came back from her moms that he had to set her straight and if he couldnt then she wouldnt be allowed to go back until the drama stopped. Ex the bio was telling sd that I was mean,that i spit in her food etc..all kinds of things.she would tell her they were getting back together that she didnt have to mind me. It went on for a little while longer and he stopped letting her go over eventually they sorta went away giving us the chance to terminate her rights! Terminating the rights is about the only way to get rid of her but you have to have lots of evidence against her
    Anonymous

• You need to get rid of her? Sorry hon, but you married into his life and that comes with baggage.

It may not be the ideal situation but moving the man further away from his son will blow up in your face.

Are you sure that it's not you feeling insecure about him having had a previous marriage? If not, I would SIT him down when there are no kids around and have a talk. Tell him how you feel and explain how her actions are making you feel. Maybe you are taking them wrong or maybe it will turn on a light in his mind.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Why would you want to take him further from his child/children? Did you not know he had a child and ex befor yall got married?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Pray and keep faith..........ex's suck.........and always will until it is allllllll over.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You can;t get rid of her...sorry...you have to learn to come to a common ground on things...if she's causing your marriage or you issues then confront her yourself...I'm dealing with my SO being friends with his ex...but he's starting to realise she's causeing issues and talking alot of shit to me and to him about eachother...you have to just learn to bite the bullet sometimes and deal with it...I'm not going to say you signed up for it because you didnt dealing wih the skid yes...dealing with the bitchy BM..no...but BM will always be around and mau cause trouble until she has moved on.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 1:41 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Not much yo can do.... just alk about it and bring it up. He wont understand till he sees it for himself. I went thru a minor situation with my DF, and once he saw the situation himself he understood where I was coming from.
    emerald2

Answer by emerald2 at 2:47 PM on May. 17, 2011