Desperate for pain relief

I have a friend who is having this extremem abdominal pain. She's had MRI, ultrasounds, cat scans, OB exam, and turned up nothing. They removed appendix, gall bladder and turned out to be unnecessary, this was 1.5 weeks ago. the pain is still there. No vomitting, diarrhea, fever, just this unbearable pain. No change in physical activity, no accidents, falls, no change in diet. I know this isn't much info, just looking for any other thoughts on what could be checked? Thanks ladies.

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 1:40 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• It could be Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Chronic Functional Abdominal Pain. I know my MIL suffers from the latter and has had her appendix/gall bladder removed so those were not the causes of pain. It comes and goes (the pain) and no one knows why for sure. Stressful situations and mental anguish also worsen the symptoms.I hope this helps.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 5:42 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Thank you :)
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 7:44 AM on May. 18, 2011