21 weeks and barely feeling baby. Is this normal?

Hello. I am 21 weeks and 2 days pregnant as of today. I felt my baby girl move for the first time on mothers day, and have been feeling her kick every day since then....just a couple times a day. Then today...I have felt absoloutly nothing. This is my first pregnancy so I dont know what to expect. Is not feeling her normal? even though I have been for the past week. Or should I be worried?

K19902010

Asked by K19902010 at 1:42 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I heard its normal for one day to feel her and then the next day not to. I never go a day without feeling her but she NEVER stops moving. During my ultrasound to find out if she was a boy or girl the nurse had a hard time getting her dimensions and what not because she wouldnt hold still. My nurse said shes going to be a handful. I first felt her move for the first time at 16 weeks. I am now 24 weeks and I am sooo happy when she takes a break from kicking or squirming around. Maybe it just means you will have a mellow baby.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• my first child wasnt much of a mover... some days I'd feel him more than others. I'd say talk to your doctor if you think it'll ease your nerves. and BTW... what campbell said above about maybe having a mellow baby... lmao mine was only mellow in the womb....outisde hes been nothing but rambuncious for the past 3 years.
    stephanieplante

Answer by stephanieplante at 1:54 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My son had me terrified the entire pregnancy, lol. One day he'd kick like crazy, then one day he wouldn't kick at all. Every time I would be worried, and he was completely fine. However, with that being said, if you're worried, call your doctor. You're probably totally fine, but it's always best to call with any concerns.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I was going to say the same thing that stephanie said about the mellow baby. My son was fairly mellow in the womb and was anything but after he was born, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• check w/ ur doc i dont think its normal mine was very active
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 5:10 PM on May. 17, 2011