What makes a good teen mom?

I would say a good support system...but I have seen teen mom's with a good support system be horrible mom's. So what would you think makes a good teen mom?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 1:43 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Someone willing to commit to their child and put their lives on hold to raise a good responsible kid. You can do this with or without help. You just have to put the child above yourself.

Answer by gemgem at 1:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• dedication to the child - Once you become a mom, there is no more of you being #1 priority- at any age.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 1:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Someone who is mature and puts their childs needs above their own. You can be a good teen mom like a 30yr old mom. Just takes maturity, responsibilty and realizing that its not just YOU anymore.
    mommy_of_2_0609

Answer by mommy_of_2_0609 at 1:50 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think a good teen mom requires the same thing that being a good mom at any age requires. I feel that a mother should always put their child first and do anything in their power to make sure that their child is happy and healthy. It's not about being perfect, but about doing your very best with what you're given.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• simply being ready and willing to learn, no longer be selfish and willing to heed good advice! Worked for me )
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't think being a teen mom is much different than becoming a mother in your 20s or 30s. Technically I was a teen mom, I was 18, but I worked and stayed in school (though I graduated before DD was born). Even if I was older I still would've needed support from DH and other relatives to help watch the baby while I worked and any new mom could use some emotional support from family and friends. My sister was 16 when she had her daughter, she still worked and went to school and only asked my mom or her MIL to watch the baby when she was at work or school. Her job didn't pay much and neither did her DH's job but they saved what they could and any money they borrowed for things they paid back. Being a parent at any age requires you to learn how to care for a baby's physical and emotional needs.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 3:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• By not being a teen mom. Children should not be having children.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:02 PM on May. 17, 2011