Birth control for your teenager

If your teenage son came to you and said they wanted to have sex; would you buy them for him?

If you teenage daughter asked to be on birth control would you let her?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 1:47 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes to both...I want my children to be comfortable enough to come to me with this when the time comes. Better they are responsible and use protection/BC then have to come to me and tell me they are pregnant.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 1:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It isn't easy when we find out our kids are sexually active, but we have to realize that many kids do have sex younger than we would want them to. I try to keep the lines of communication open and want them to be able to discuss these issues with me. I have been through this with my girls and I have gotten them bc and I do buy condoms for them.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 2:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes and Yes. I have done both.

Answer by gemgem at 1:47 PM on May. 17, 2011

• yes to both and that I have done...

Answer by older at 1:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• hell yesssssssssssssssssss
    Anonymous

• Yes, I would be glad they came to me. Inside I would be like omg my baby is going to have sex and worry but grateful they came to me & confided in me and that they acted responsible a head of time.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes. They're going to do it regardless, so better to know and try to educate them. I would probably have an inner panic attack, but yes.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 2:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I really hope both of my boys are comfortable coming to us at that point in their lives. (they are 4 and 5 months right now so I've got a little while)

I would not buy them condoms, but I would certainly take them to get them. I can't explain why I feel this way, but imho if you are responsible and old enough to have sex you should be responsible enough to have money to pay for your protection.

Of course I would try to talk them in to waiting, but ultimately it is their choice and I am not going to alienate them over it and end up having them have sex anyway and not be safe about it.

As a matter of fact dh and I just talked about this last night. How I never told my parents I was having sex when I started and he did a while after, but why I felt I couldn't talk about it and why he felt he could.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would say yes after giving them a 24 hr lecture.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 1:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes. I'd tell him that I think he should wait, but if he's going to do it, I'd rather he be protected.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:51 PM on May. 17, 2011