Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Bm holding sd till we do what she wants......

my sd is 11 yrs old. she bm has moved 7 times in the last 6 months. she also will not take her to get new glasses so she squints all the time ( yesterday she thought that a truck with beds in the back was a boat going down the road. she said OMG how is that boat driving on the road. ) she will not give the med card to us so we can take her either. she told sd that she didnt have the money to get her new ones but she has a med card and insurance thru so insurance at his job. this weekend we decided we were going swimming, sd called her mom to chat and she went off she said that she was to come home asap she was not going swimming because we didnt ask her if we could take her. ( it got 2 cold and didnt go anyway) now she says that we have to tell her everytime we do anything or my so cant see her. she wanted to come over to talk to us about some stuff she "wanted to get off her chest" we didnt want her over so we said if just want to talk do it over the phone. well since we didnt let her come over she said that sd cant come back.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (24)
  • Do you have a court order? If not you have to hire a lawyer and get one. Just the fact she has moved so many times and is using dd as a weapon (hostage for visits) and not getting her glasses is a good case for a change of custody.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • Is there a custody order?
    I would just take her for glasses yourself. If your dh is paying for the insurance, it should be no problem to get the numbers you need.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 1:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • Does your DH pay child support?

    Answer by JLS2388 at 1:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • Order a new insurance card, or just give eye dr the insurance name and they can look it up. Sounds like there's no custody order in place, go get one.

    Answer by yesmaam at 1:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • who has custody? second if its joint your dh can go to ss and get a copy of the medicaid card then you can take her..If you can prove that she has moved so many times you can file a complaint with the court saying its not a proper situation for the child especially while in school to move so much. Tell that she refuses to get her glasses. I would also file a petition saying that she was threating to not let me see the child..there are so many ways to burn her with all of this it just depends on the custody order.if your dh has not custody only visitation she pretty much has yall by the teeth

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • Have your hubby get to court asap.

    Answer by Christine0813 at 1:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • Ok seriously, how do I get voted down for asking if he pays child support????

    Answer by JLS2388 at 1:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • Your DH does not need to ask the BM permission to take SD swimming unless it's in the court order. If you don't have a court order then get one ASAP it will spell out exacly what is required or prohibited by each party and beyond that you can tell BM to suck it. And if she tries to hold SD ransom then she violates the order and faces consequences.

    If SD needs glasses and refuses to get them or enable you to get them i would take her to court, to me that is a form of neglect.

    Answer by kayslay at 1:57 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • he does pay child support but there is not a custody order

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

  • I voted you down, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean. But child support and custody are two seperate matters. Whether or not he pays support has nothing to do with whether he gets to see her or not.

    Answer by Candi1024 at 1:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.