What do you reccommend we use to move? U-Haul? Others?

We are only moving 40 miles away, and I am looking at prices online. U-Haul seems to be cheap, but my sister has two bad stories moving with U-Haul .. they ended up charging her like 5x more than she was originally quoted, and had to wait for them to fix their truck before they even loaded anything on it .. had to drive to a nearby town to pick up a dolly when it was supposed to be on site with the truck .. just an annoying mess. We aren't looking to spend a fortune just to move 40 miles, but all we have is two small cars and nobody we know has a trailer. ANY advice is helpful!! :) Thank you in advance.

ScrapHappyMe

Asked by ScrapHappyMe at 1:53 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I used Uhaul to move 350 miles away(we used the trailer) and it was fine. I had used a truck 1 time for a move that was 20 miles or so and I didn't have any issues.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 1:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh...get your quote in writting and be sure you understand the terms & fees in the contract(milage, gas, etc.)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 1:56 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Pods - They will drop off the pod at your home and transport for you.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I usually use Uhaul if we arent going that far. I am talking a few miles. When we have gone further I use the Pods.

Answer by gemgem at 2:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We found Ryder to be cheaper then UHaul
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:25 PM on May. 17, 2011

• check into pods they bring the trailer u pack it up and tell them to come pick it up and they bring it to your new place.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 2:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I agree with gemgem
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 2:40 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i've only heard of u-haul
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 6:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• how about a moving company? it might cost more though
    Kainalu55

• We used Uhaul when we moved from Michigan to North Carolina. It was the least expensive and a good experience for us...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:53 PM on May. 17, 2011