What do you think?

do you think it is ok or not for a step parent to pick up and drop off the step child. sm and bm get along and there is no conflict other than the fact she doesnt want her to be picked up by sm. she wants dad to get child by himself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• as a sm i have picked up and dropped of my sd alot since my dh works outta town..if you and the dad are married she has no say so who picks the child up if its not written in a court order saying that you cant.
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:57 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Since the birth mom has a problem with that, it should be stipulated in the divorce decree.

Anonymous

• I think ultimately whoever technically has the child that day should make the call. If the dad thinks its okay for the step mom to pick up the kid than its okay. In a perfect world the dad would respect the mothers wishes and vice versa but it's not.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think it's great that she wants dad involved but if he's working or not available to do the pick up/drop off then it should be accepted that sm do it unless bm wants to pick up and drop off.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't think it is a problem. But it seems like she just wants the dad to do it because it is his responsibility. So I can see that.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 1:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think it's fine as long as it's an agreement between both birth parents.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• uhh I can understand where she would be coming from, but I would not care if i were you. Only because your hubby could be working or busy at the time and the kids will still spend time with him once he is off work. Not to mention they need to spend time with each other as well...
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 2:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• There's something unstated here, because it sounds a bit unreasonable.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:04 PM on May. 17, 2011

• she has a problem with her on some level... or her problem may be with the dad putting his responsiblity of his kid off on sm...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 2:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If the mom has a problem with the step mom dropping off or picking up the kids than I think the dad should do it unless there is a specific reason he can't - like if he's at work. There must be some sort of underlying issue though if it bothers the mom for the step mom to do this task. I know for my friend she wants her kids to be dropped off and picked up by their dad, and not his wife, because she uses that time to discuss any issues with the children and I know personally some things, especially when concerning the children, are more easily discussed in person.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 2:44 PM on May. 17, 2011