Help! My hair is frrrrrried! What should I use to mend my crunchy, crinkly hair?

I had my hair highlighted at a hair academy a while back, and she destroyed it. I have had it highlighted many times, and I have NEVER had it break off and fall out like this .. it's so bad. It has been about two months since I had it done, and I just can't find anything that works well. I've been using Infusium23, and not even that is working. Please help!!!

ScrapHappyMe

Asked by ScrapHappyMe at 2:03 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you go to a beauty supply store they have some deep conditioning treatments. I'd try those. GL!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Time for a trim

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Olive Oil or Mayonaise with a shower cap.......leave it on a few hours once or twice a week
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• You might have to cut a lot of it off. Sometimes that's the best way to go when your hair is fried.
    Keva1990

Answer by Keva1990 at 2:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Ok I really like this product and have mentioned it every time there is a similar question. Buys some JOICO K-PAC HAIR RECONSTRUCTOR. Make sure you leave it in as long as ya can even if ya have to put a cap on & do your house work whatever let the heat activate it also. It works well and you should do this every 2nd day or so & buy a good thick conditioner/moisturizer for your hair in between. I would get a salon product but if ya can't I really like DOVE hair moisturizer & again leave it on for a while in the shower. Be gentle with your hair & minimize your brushing. GL...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Go to Nature's Beauty Secrets by Dawn Gallagher and ask her for professional help. She's a personal friend, top model, talk show host, mom, and writer. She's on Facebook or you can google her site. She has traveled the world and interviewed women everywhere to find beauty secrets for women from the inside out! Good luck!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 2:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Great answers! Thannnnnk you for the advice! :)
    ScrapHappyMe

Comment by ScrapHappyMe (original poster) at 2:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• you can use any number of things on the market or from your fridge, but if its fried, its died. nothing will 'mend' it, possibly make it more manageable, but nothing will fix the problem other than getting rid of the offending dead hair.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:30 PM on May. 17, 2011

• deep conditioning treatments; go to the salon and they can give you suggestions; do a hot oil treatment maybe. Good Luck and hope you get it repaired without having to cut it all off
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:01 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would go 2 a professional if its breaking off and falling out. If its just really dried out u can do the mayo treatment or another deep conditioner. If the highlights were the straight bleach powder ones they r AWEFUL! i got some in high school and it completely fried my hair. I took Cosmetology for 3 years and lots of crazy things happened 2 my hair! I feel ur pain! hugs** and GL!!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 3:13 PM on May. 17, 2011