The soul after death

For those that actually believe in this stuff, do you think the soul of a deceased person is anything like the person they were when they lived on this earth? For example, if someone had a certain type of humor down here, would it be the same after the physical body is no more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The soul is YOU so it stands to reason that it would act the same
    As far as looks,perhaps we can look like whoever we want

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I believe in an afterlife for our souls, but I don't have any idea what that resembles. I think we carry love with us but we leave our egos behind.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think there are certain personality basics that stay with the soul, but these will mix with the geneticly charged characteristics to create something unique.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think are basically energy and personality doesnt exist. They arent worried about anyone or anything because those mortal things dont exist for them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I believe so. I think the Bible says something like we will be known as we were known, so we will be recognizeable. It also says that there will be no marriage or given in marriage, so my husband and I will know each other in heaven, but we won't be married. Don't ask me why because I don't know. lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 2:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The soul is the essence of the person. Traits that carry on thru their
    next Life's Journey.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I actually believe this stuff-;) and yes- I believe the soul to be the essence of who we are and will contain the things that make us- us-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Absolutely. Our soul is our essence.. Its who we are. If I understand correctly, you're asking about the soul vs. the personality. the personality dies with our bodies in each life.. but i tend to believe that the essence of our spirit very much governs the personality of our physical being.. so the 'stuff' that remains when we leave this life is very much coalescent with who we are while living. Does that make sense?
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 3:38 PM on May. 17, 2011

• CS Lewis said it best ... I don't HAVE a soul - I AM a soul; I HAVE a body.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My impression of a soul is that a soul is energy, the life force that animates us. I don't necessarily think it encompasses our self/ego/personality. I think that our energy goes back to the universe to be reused, but I don't think our personality is temporary and tied to this particular manifestation. The idea of a self is hard to pin down... are you the same 'self' as you were when you were a newborn? What is still the same? Will you be the same 'self' as you are today when you are 95? If the self is so changeable even throughout our lifetime, how much more would it be after death?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:08 PM on May. 17, 2011