Trampoline Question

We are looking into getting a Trampoline for our two boy's for this summer. We live out in the country, so I was wondering how good the safety net will hold up to the strong winds we sometime's have. Thanks for your time : )

Mommie-of-2

Asked by Mommie-of-2 at 2:07 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Mine blew over several times, the whole thing not just the net. Then we put some stakes in the ground (that are like U shaped) on the legs and that solved it.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:12 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Our news just did a story on trampolines. Check into your insurance. A lot of people have had damages due to trampolines being tossed around by winds that the owner is resposible for. To be safe they say you should look online for anchoring kits for trampolines. Also they talked to an insurance company who stated that a lot of insurance companies do not like the homeowners to have them due to injuries and such. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Thanks, my uncle and aunt have a trampoline and they have anchored it town well but there's doesn't and didn't come with the safety net that comes on all the one's now. My kids are 7 and 5 so I think we was wanting to use the net encloser just to be on the safe side : )
    Mommie-of-2

Comment by Mommie-of-2 (original poster) at 2:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• consider a little tikes inflatable bouncer instead. it's nearly the same thing, wont wreck your insurance rates, not even REMOTELY dangerous, and a million more pros :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We have really bad stickers and goat heads in our yard, how can I can I keep it from ruining the bouncer? I would be willing to check into that
    Mommie-of-2

Comment by Mommie-of-2 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I'm not sure, we haven't had ours long but DH is looking into get straps to tether it to the ground. Not sure about the safety net, hopefully it will be ok.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I refuse to have one, they scare the crap out of me. My bestfriends son was jumping on one, he came down and bounced and broke his arm, with a saftey net on it
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 2:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I personally will not buy one. I am scared of them because when I was a kid I broke my leg on one.
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 2:38 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It's your call, but I won't have one. When I was 9, I landed on my neck and was partially paralyzed for weeks. It took 2 years of chiropractic care to "correct" the damage done... And I was a well trained tumbler, had been in gymnastics for years- I knew how to take a fall.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Ok before this post turns into something I did NOT ask for I will be closing it. THANK YOU to the couple people that was answering about the netting. As for the other's I'm sorry you got hurt BUT i was NOT asking for input on how you felt about them or if you would or would not own one. Thank you ladies and have a great day. and NO I am not mad or anything else I'm just going to close the post because everyone has there own opinion. : )
    Mommie-of-2

Comment by Mommie-of-2 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on May. 17, 2011