I am a single parent of three boys,what can i do to help my kids grow more loving?

There father left because he said it was to much.The boys are 14,6,4yrs old. What do you feel is the real reason?

schakre

Asked by schakre at 2:10 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• well they should understand that he may have provided the DNA to make them but he's no father. A man would never walk away from his family like that. I'd try counseling, the big brother program, karate classes for self esteem, and a family project that involves nurturing and patience like a garden or fostering a kitten
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:14 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The only thing you can do is be there for your kids and do as many things you can for them. Talk to them, ask them what they feel. Don't jump into a new realtionship because that is the downfall of many child/parent relationships after a divorce or separation. Your children need all of you right now, you should try not to think of their father right now. Just think of him as on his own, it isn't your job to see if he is okay or what he is feeling. he left, your job is to take care of your children any way you can. His reason is his own and you shouldn't dwell on it. I'm here if you need a friend. Good luck to you.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:15 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Lead by example.... Show them love, make time for them, talk to them, bring them around strong male figures in your family as examples of a real man. (a grandfather or uncle for example

(not suggesting you don't do any of those things just saying thats what I think shows it best)
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 2:17 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i think he just got to bored being a father!!!
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 6:42 PM on May. 17, 2011