What's Georgia like?

I'm moving out of Jersey and looking into Georgia, and a couple of other states. I know its hot so don't tell me that! lol What is the cost of living like, how are the people? What's Atlanta like? Anyone move there from Jersey? What are the pro's and cons?

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 2:17 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Travel

• TRAFFIC SUCKS!
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 2:18 PM on May. 17, 2011

• traffic in atlanta sucks but there is alot of money in that area bc its so big..the ppl are ok about like everywhere else..the cost of living is about the same too..but im from nc living here since jan..its decent alot better than where im from org
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 2:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• cost of living compared to where you are now should seem average. people are mixed..there are a few judgemental assholes, but most are fairly nice and welcoming. atlanta is busy, fun, and somewhere i wouldnt go alone at night..some parts i wouldnt go during the day.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Atlanta traffic is HORRIBLE! If you work in the city, you really have to plan well on where you'll live and what route to take into work.

There are lots of nice suburbs and loads of stuff to do in and around the city. We have the world's biggest aquarium, lots of sports and colleges around, and the cost of living is not too bad compared to other big cities.

Outside of Atlanta, there are mountains in the north, beaches in the southeast, and a lot of historical towns like Savannah.

You'll find a lot of transplants in Atlanta, including a lot of northerners. Outside the city, not so much, so it varies on where you'll encounter southern hospitality.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:24 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Traffic does indeed suck. There are a lot of fun things to do in the Atlanta area. Great Stay-cation opportunities. Anything you want from Mountains to Beach to lake to Amusement park to hiking... Cost of living is pretty middle of the road in most areas. The unemployment rate is above the national average right now. School Districts very form awesome to not so good so research in to a specific area would be necessary. And tea... unless you say UNsweet it's gonna be sugar water with a little tea for flavor! (coming from the north I thought that would be important to know. lol) All in all it's a nice place to be as long as you ar ein a good area... I guess like anywhere.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Well, as a native Atlantan, I can say that the above PPs covered it ALL!
    I've lived here all of my life ( minus the 4 yrs in ND with the military) and I love it here...yeah, it's hot, the traffic sucks- horribly, the pollen sucks *really* horribly, but there is so much here to do and see.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:56 PM on May. 17, 2011