Zanax?

Is anyone on this medication?
If so please let me know your experience on this.
I took one last night and it made me sleep like a baby and I woke up feeling very refreshed and happy. I wish I could feel like this all of the time.
I was singing and being silly with my kids finally they told me to stop singing I guess I was annoying them after a while....lol but I felt so good like not a worry in the world. This medication is prescribed to my husband not me he just gave me one to relax and boy did I. I don't want to depend on this if it is what made me feel like this. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Health

• I agree with many of the above answers, as Xanax is highly addictive and the withdrawal from them is horrible. I worked as an RN in a Rehab and I can tell you that it is one of the hardest drugs to get off of once you get started on them. If you feel that you need something to help your nerves, then I suggest going to your doctor and seeing what he recommends based on your symptoms. The feeling you got from taking the Xanax is exactly how people get hooked on them...they wish they could feel like that all the time. The problem is, after a while, that effect wears off and your body CRAVES the drug just to feel "normal". Whatever you decide, please don't continue taking your husband's medication....it is not only illegal, it is dangerous! No one wants anything negative to happen to you, so please be safe so that no one has to be sorry. Blessings~
    RettsMom

Answer by RettsMom at 10:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Uh, it's spelled Xanax. You should never take anyone else's prescribed medication and furthermore if something would have happened and you are found with this drug in your system when it is not prescribed, you can be arrested. I take it, trust me that feeling wears off. It's not all it's hyped up to be anyway.
    Anonymous

• Xanax is highly addictive. However, I love them. lol. It got me thru my divorce...
    Anonymous

• I agree you shouldn't take someone else's prescribed medication! You only take it when it has been prescribed for yourself!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Do not take it. Its not yours. Its VERY addictive if you take it just to get a high. I know someone who got addicted and had to go through therapy.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008