What are phone interviews for ?

does it mean that they are weeding out people by the phone interviews and why do they ask the same questions as the interview they invite you on where your in front of people
any advise on how to sound on the phone with the person interviewing please help me this job means alot to me t0 get. I worked hard to get this position through out my years with the company /

barrerajuls

Asked by barrerajuls at 2:28 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• All interviews are part of the weeding out process. I've never been asked the same questions in an in person interview; they were always different.

Honest and professional is how you need to sound on the phone, which I'm sure you are. Write the questions down as you're asked them, if you can jot notes that fast.

The usual advice about interviews applies: Never mention money or benefits. Let THEM tell you about that.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• phone interviews are to see if you sound enthusiastic or you sound unprofessional if you care or not care. Depending on the questions it is to see if you are prepared with your answers and trained instead of being honest with your answers. They ask you the same question sometimes to see if you give the same answer or to get more out of that answer. I do phone interviews all the time and also a face to face interview and those are some of the reasons we do it but it also depends on the kind of company
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Just be yourself. Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The process of a phone interview that I have experienced is usually with a recruiter. The "in person" interview has been with a local manager, regional, or district manager. Is that what you've found?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Phone screens are huge time savers! The hiring manager (or HR person) can screen out people who do not have the potential to be a great fit; the candidates can screen out positions that are not right for them (salary, location, etc.)

Answer by rkoloms at 7:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

• These are all great answers , I felt very good about them and I have really researched many ways of how to answer my interview questions , Thanks ! Great Help !
    barrerajuls

Comment by barrerajuls (original poster) at 10:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• And remember to keep your answers, etc. on a very formal level - no, "you knows" and "fer sure" - you get the gist ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:59 PM on May. 18, 2011