Summer break

I'm a stay at home mom of two boys and just wondering what everyone else is planning on doing over the summer break. (keeping the kids busy and things to do so they don't get bored)

Mommie-of-2

Asked by Mommie-of-2 at 2:28 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• If you are near a Michael's they are doing a summer camp for a few hours a day for a few weeks and it isn't to overly expensive.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:31 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Getting the list of weekly movies for the free daytime movies, our library has a summer reading program to track their books, pool everyday!! and we'll do some crafts (Michael's has some great inexpensive stuff, homemade playdough, cooking, etc.)

Answer by missanc at 2:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I wish we had a Michael's near us!
    Mommie-of-2

Comment by Mommie-of-2 (original poster) at 2:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Well I have the whole summer off away from work and I have a 2& 3 YR old. I plane on doing a lot teaching this summer and fun activities with them to stimulate their little minds.
    rowej

Answer by rowej at 2:34 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My boy's are 7 and 5. I do plan on having them sit for an hour a day and work on something and do a little reading each day!
    Mommie-of-2

Comment by Mommie-of-2 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• soccer camp for a week, library, work books, the pool, dog park,picnics, movies, parks, playing school and star wars movies in the park, trapoline, trips up north etc1
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We go on a long road trip, mostly just me and the kids. DH will join us for part of it. Then we'll go camping, ride bikes, take walks. They also like to help me with gardening which is good because we have a huge home garden plus 3 plots in a community garden which we helped to found. We are also working on food drives and growing for those less fortunate.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:37 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Nothing. I don't feel it's my job to keep my kids from getting bored. That's their job. They have friends and toys and a park down the street. We're hoping to get them bikes this summer (had to leave their old ones when we moved). They usually find something to do otherwise I find chores to keep them busy and not bored.
    I like summer for it's lazy days. We have no plans, no activities, no schedule.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• WE VACATION AND THEY PLAY READ BUT THEY OCCUPIE THEMSELVES MOSTLY
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:51 PM on May. 17, 2011