Anyone else drive their kids to school because the bus is just too crazy?

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 2:43 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes I don't trust the buses here so I drive him to and from school. Maybe I'm a little paranoid but I feel safer dropping him off.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I do. I don't want my kid on the bus with those hoodlums that are on our bus. They are way older than my kids, they are bullies, and they don't ever listen to the bus driver. No thanks! Plus, it's less than a mile to the school.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

• If the current driver on this route does not quit, or end up fired, by next school year then I will be. We have a week left of school. She is gone this last week due to helping family get their things here away from the flooding. I like the guy driving the bus this week.
    Anonymous

• I'm thinking about it.. we have high schoolers on the same bus as my kindergartner.. YES the high schoolers sit right behind the driver but they aren't always careful about what they say or do and my 5 year-old doesnt need that when she starts school this fall.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I drive mine because I dont trust the buses or their drivers. We had one flip over a couple months ago because they forgot to tell the busses school was cancelled due to ice. I told my husband and thats why I drive them right there.

Answer by gemgem at 2:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My kids ride the bus. I love our bus driver - she's been driving the bus for our neighborhood for at least 15 years (we've only been here 3, but found that out from talking to other parents). She's an incredibly nice lady, her husband passed away last year and you should have seen the outpouring of love from our community!

Answer by missanc at 2:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• nope. My kids love taking the bus. They have no choice. I have no car and it's over 2 miles to the school (and rains almost every single day). Even if I had a car they would still take the bus because it's free and I don't waste gas.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• gas prices are AWFUL and my son loooooooooves the bus but hubby drives him most mornings simply 'cuz it's too freaking early. It's nearly impossible to get him up, fed, dressed, and to the bus on time
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• We live in the country and I have thought about the bus but I have heard way to many things about what goes on. A friend of ours is a bus driver part time and he says it is horrible. So I just suck it up and drive them to and from school. My kids safety is more important then the gas prices but this is my opionion and everyone else has there's!
    Mommie-of-2

Answer by Mommie-of-2 at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I drive my kids because the bus doesn't pick up in town - and we're right on the edge.
    Anonymous