Funny or not so much?

A couple of weeks ago DH came home from his day job early and I completely panicked! my first thought was "OMG something happened and he's gotten fired!" my second thought right on the heels of that one was "Crap, the house is still a mess!" lol

Anyways what happened was, he just decided he wanted to come home early that day, he said he missed me and Kelley (our 4yr old DD) and he wanted to spend some time with us <3 (he's a workaholic and NEVER does this so it was super sweet) So I asked him how they let him take most of the day off.....well...apparently he told his boss that I am a recovering bulimic and that I had a relapse...yeah...everyone knows that I'm pregnant and so of course they let him go home right away with no questions asked...

Yeah, I've never been bulimic....at first I thought it was kind of funny that he would have such an extravagant lie worked out just to come home early but wow...the more I think about it...the not so funny it is.

So my question to you ladies is this: What is the most ridiculous, extravagant lie you or your hubby/spouse has ever told?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:47 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Having that said about me would definitely bother me. Yes, it's really sweet he wanted to spend the day with you and your DD and I'd love to have that happen here but maybe a different story could have been used. As for outlandish lies to get out of work, that's a tough one. My DH is all about work so it's all I can do to get him to take the extremely rare vacation day. The only thing that comes to mind is years ago he was trying to get out of a very crappy job he had, the employer was playing fast and loose with taxes among other things, so he told him he was sick and needed to go home. He spent the rest of the day job hunting.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:27 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Personally I'd be pissed! Someone from his work could call DFCS on you for that. I wouldn't want someone coming and poking around in MY life because my DH wanted to take a half-day from work. Not only that, but now his work place thinks you're a bad mother! WTH?
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:08 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Kind of disturbing. I would be bothered by it.
    Anonymous

• He works with his dad as if that isn't bad enough.. but he told his boss that our 2 year-old got stung by a wasp and we needed to get her to the doctor. Sunday comes around and his dad asks how she is doing.. I asked him why and when he mentioned it to me I couldn't keep the shock off my face! BUSTED!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't think it's funny at all....he has his coworkers thinking that you have an eating disorder, while pregnant....I agree with reply #1...not cool to lie like that. My husband would be picking his teeth out of his lips if he said some crap like that about me.....wow
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 2:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

• He didn't have to go to that extreme. He could have said that you were very ill or something along those lines. Now everyone is going to think that you have an eating disorder.

My husband told his work I was going into labor before. I thought it was funny. Had I not wanted to go into labor early I wouldn't have though. I would've been worried about him jinxing us. Now that I think of it, he probably jinxed me in the opposite since I DID want to go into labor early. That ass >:/ LQTM
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't find it to be that big of a deal. It's sweet that he wanted to come home and spend the day with you.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Anon #2 I like OP. She is not all about drama.
    Anonymous

• I don't see it being "drama central," she's just explaining what happened. She's not even really asking how other people feel about what he did. She wants to know what lies other husbands have told to get out of work. I think YOU'RE trying to be drama central.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I would not be happy with that lie at all. He could have/should have said that he didn't feel well. It was sweet that he wanted to spend time with you but if it were me and I had to see those coworkers ever it would be embarrassing. My husband has only used himself as an excuse and it is always just not feeling well.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:22 PM on May. 17, 2011