Is it bad to be disapointed?

I've been obsessing over if I'm pregnant or not. I started a theory of taking an OPK since it's too early to see results on a HPT. The first one I took this morning on the OPK was very dark and defined as hormones rolling. I couldn't wait and just took another, it's very faint and almost non existant. I haven't drank anything and waited 4 hrs... Does this conclude my test? Should I be disapointed that I'm not pregnant. I'm not in the position of having a baby, but I have had an abortion years ago and I convienced myself to be ready for this baby even if no one else is. Now my OPK is barely showing up... guess a pregnancy test has no use now... :/

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 2:48 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• While OPKs *can* sometimes be used to give you an idea if you are pregnant of not they shouldn't replace an actual Preg. test. SO wait and see if you miss you period nad then test with EPT. This is not the end all. Don't be disappointed yet.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:51 PM on May. 17, 2011

• An OPK measures a completely different hormone and won't tell you whether you're pregnant. In my own experience, OPKs also don't accurately tell you when you're ovulating!

Wait till at least 10 dpo and use a pregnancy test and put the kibosh on that disappointment.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:16 PM on May. 17, 2011

• thanks ladies :)
    triciabc21

Comment by triciabc21 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i agree with the posts above. id like to add that you should use a digital hpt if you plan to test early. otherwise you can end up with a very faint positive line that is so hard to see that it is misleading... trust me, it happened to me and kept me guessing for hours. Then someone on here gave the the advice to get a digital test so i went to get one the same day and there was no misreading because it said "pregnant" within a minute or 2.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• i used opk for 10 days and didnt really see anything but a faint line. took a hpt and it was positive!!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 7:53 PM on May. 17, 2011