Do your kiddies do this?

My 4 yr old is always asking me if me and her dad love her...at first it was cute but I'm starting to wonder why she asks this all the time...I mean shes grinning and everything but she'll start off "Do you love me mommy?" "Of course I love you Kelley" then "Does daddy love me?" then "Does Tobasco love me?" (thats our dog)

We tell her we love her all the time! Is this something I should be worried about?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:53 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think that kids need a lot of love and affirmation... I think its a good thing that she is able to ask for affirmation when she needs it instead of sitting there wishing someone would say it.
    I could learn from that!
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 2:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Nothing to be worried about. She knows you love her but likes to hear it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:55 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Mine tells me that she loves me all the time. I think it is sweet. There are days that I ask if she love Mommy and Daddy. It is cute when she says no and then starts laughing. I know that she loves us and I know that she is the center of our lives so that should confirm that we love her unconditionally.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My son will ask "Are you happy at me mommy" or "are you mad at me" like all day or anytime he gets in trouble. like reassurance ro something.. but he does have anxiety ( diagnosed through ECI) and gets very sad/.upset if we are angry or upset
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:09 PM on May. 17, 2011

• my girls do this all day! lol mine say i love u momma... i said i love u more. then they i love u more. and it goes on and on until i say i love u 2 more than the moon and stars. then they say Jesus loves us like that too! i love it!~
    momof2lildivas

Answer by momof2lildivas at 4:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• THEY NEED TO HEAR IT MINE SAY IT TO ME AND VICE VERSA ALL DAY
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 10:48 PM on May. 17, 2011