If you were induced, how far along were you?

I was induced with my first 2, once at 39 weeks and once at 39 weeks 4 days. I had really hoped to go on my own this time, but it looks like it isn't going to happen. My office and hospital is over an hour away now, I have toxemia, and I tested positive for Group B Strep. My toxemia is pretty under control, but my doctor wants to be sure that I make it in time to get the antibiotics I need during labor.

I will be almost 39 weeks at my next appt, and I am betting he will give me an induction date then if I haven't gone on my own.

Anyone been through this? When did they induce? Any experience you have with any of this would be interesting to me.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:56 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 37 weeks
    he was already 7lbs6oz

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• They induced at 38 weeks and 1 day. I had GD and they thought that she was going to be huge. She ended up being 7/5 and spent 8 days in NICU for suck/swallow/breathing problems. She wasn't fully done baking yet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I was induced the last 3 pregnancies. First one I was 4 days past due and they broke my water and he came out in 3 hours. It was easy. The next one I went in the day before my due date and was having contractions but was not in labor. My babies heart beat was going down everytime I had one so they induced. It was more then 13 hours of labor which is the longest one I have ever had. With baby #5 they went ahead and scheduled an induction. I had her at exactly 39 weeks. I went in the night before, they tried that gl but it didnt work, so they did pitocin and broke my water.

Answer by gemgem at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• 39 weeks, the put some gel on my cervix and labor went super quickly! DD was supposed to be a tiny baby and they were worried she wasn't thriving. 6.5lbs, I yelled at the doctor and we went home the next day after birth.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My 3rd was induced at 37 weeks. She was 7 lbs 7 oz and perfectly healthy. I loved my induction!

Answer by missanc at 3:00 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I didn't have an induction, but I had one scheduled. I would have been 41 weeks exactly if ds hadn't of shown up on his own before hand.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 3:05 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I was induced the day before her due date because of problems with an insufficient placenta. The worst part of it all was putting the stuff on my cervix because the nurse couldn't lubricate anything. They inserted the pill at @ 7pm. I didn't really go into labor until the next morning and DD was born @ 7 pm.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 3:05 PM on May. 17, 2011

• 39 weeks and induced due to G.D.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• 41 weeks with #2 - I asked because of my brother's deployment, 39 weeks with #4 - was having some health problems.
    Anonymous

• I was induced at 40 wks 4 days because she was "overdue" and my blood pressure was getting a little high. I regret it at times because I ended up having to have a C section after 12 hrs on pitocin with no progress. I wish that I had pushed a little harder about waiting a few more days... but it is what it is and my little girl is perfect :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 3:07 PM on May. 17, 2011