How do you homeschool your children?

This question is for parents that homeschools their children or knows someone that does homeschooling.

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 2:57 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Do you mean the actual process and documentation, or the curriculum, or what specifically?

First, your state website will likely be a very good source for information about the requirements of homeschooling in your state. Also, at least in Michigan, they have the curriculum requirements of public school districts published online, so you can make sure what you are doing at home is in line with what he/she would be getting in school.

You can purchase an entire curriculum, design your own, or utilize online services (such as connections academy) that help provide instruction and assignments.

I am a teacher, and I have designed my own curriculum for my children, and I like being able to customize their education to their abilities, understanding, and interests. There are really cool resources out there for science and math, and I am thrilled to be able to use them!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:06 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I have a friend who homeschools and she uses a combination of these curriculums: Language: Oak Meadow, Enki. Math: RightStart.
    Science: Let's Read and Find out Science Series. They all have websites for information. She comes up with her own social studies lessons with the help of several other homeschooling moms. They meet once a week and have group lessons. GL!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2011