Bridal shower etiquette question...

MIL and I are planning a shower for SIL, and I pretty much had to beg MIL to let me help with the planning. I also asked about food and decorations, but she gave me invitations to fill out and said her sister and niece will help with decorations, set up.

The shower's right during LO's nap time, so I asked MIL if she needs my help to set up or if DH and I can drive together w/ our LO (she wants my child there) since the location is about a half hour away from us, so MIL said 2 other people are helping so I don't have to come early or if I want to ride with her or another relative I can...

My question: is it rude of me to show up at the start of the party if I'm technically helping with the planning even though others seem to also be helping? My theory is too many hands spoil...

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• I think she's politely telling you to just show up for the party, she's got it under control.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:18 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I agree, it sounds like she is politely telling you that its under control. I dont think it is rude of you to show up at the start of the party. You still did your part in helping. I threw my SIL a baby shower..and some of her cousins helped with the food..etc..and they were not there before the party started. It was just fine.
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think you're fine, You have offered up your help and are doing what has been asked of you, so I wouldn't worry about it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:42 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Sounds like mil has everything under control without help from you. So just show up when it best fits your schedule.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:10 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Just show up when it fits your schedule
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 5:28 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I think I missed something somewhere. why would it be rude for you to show up at the beginning of the party? you were invited weren't you?

It sounds like the matter is under control. I don't think you need to worry about it all falling apart, the world isn't going to stop due to your LO's nap.
    Anonymous