What plants can I grow inside that has fragrance?

I am looking for plants to help make my house smell good naturally.I live in a three bedroom house with 8 kids, my husband,and 2 dogs. No matter how I clean my house stinks. I need help to natually make my house smell better.

Angel12507

Asked by Angel12507 at 3:19 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Scented geraniums, wax plant or wax flowers and pink jasmine.

Answer by gemgem at 3:22 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Baby Lemon plant .
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 3:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Citrus trees,Gardenia's.Jasmine,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:42 PM on May. 17, 2011

• How about citronella and mint plants? Hoya(also known as wax plant, wax flower), miniature roses... There are several to choose from.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:32 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I dont know if you can keep these in the house but what about Lily's or lilac's they have a wonderful fragrance
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• honestly set out some bowls of ground coffee in discreet locations around the house. it absorbs the odors and works great. you can also do it with baking soda, but i like how coffee smells lol. you can also sprinkle baking soda in the garbage can before you put in the trashbag and that keeps the trash from stinking up the house too. i think that's a better alternative to flowers (since very few plants flower constantly). plus sometimes trying to cover up stink with fragrance only makes it smell worse. better to get rid of the odors than try to hide them.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:20 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Very interesting. I have never even thought of this before. I will have to try some of the plants listed. Thanks and I hope you don't mind that I am stealing this from you. :)
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:36 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Jasmine is amazing...but you would have to keep it near a window at all times.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:19 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Citrus trees, Gardenia's. Jasmine
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:12 AM on May. 18, 2011

• hmmm, not sure.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:55 PM on May. 18, 2011