Medical Assistance

Help me ladies! My mil is in the hospital. She has been in for two weeks and has a long list of problems. She has no insurance and no money3 and they are about to discharge her without resolving any issues. Basically they are drugging her up, making her feel better and then giving her the boot. What can we do? I am in NY and she is in Kansas. Im wondering if medicaid is an option? Or are there other state programs that might help? I dont know where to start looking for this info so any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 3:33 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Health

• Search the resources in the link below.  Start with H for health and also M for medical.  Then you can also go back to the general state website http://www.kansas.gov/ to search other areas.  GL

http://www.kansas.gov/government/agency_association_listing.html

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:39 PM on May. 17, 2011

• She will be eligible for medicaid. I would suggest she sign up for it. It'll be helpful. I know here in dc/md they will take care of her hospital bills for when she was admitted! I hope it wrks out for her!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 3:41 PM on May. 17, 2011

• check with the financial resource department at the hospital they will help her file for some kind of assistance after she is released that could cover her bills or file for medicaid...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Will dss or the hospital financial officer walk her through all the paperwork?
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 4:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes they should
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:09 PM on May. 17, 2011