Have you ever had to cut off friends...

who just had way to much drama in their life and seemed to thrive off of it?

I had a friend who married a man after he beat the snot out of her... Then divorced him and married another abusive man...then cheated on him with the first DH...then got upset when the second DH kicked her out.

This same person has a diabetic dd who she seem to control her eating habits. Instead of not buying ringdings, twinkies, and what not...she just punishes her kid for eating the stuff...

I don't need that drama in my life. I cut her out. I deleted her off FB and haven't called her. I sent her an e-mail telling her that the friendship was just causing me to much stress. That I have tried to help her all I can but she is not open to help...all she wants to do is bitch about it. She had the nerve to tell me if I was a better friend I would have helped her prevent these disasterous marriages....Seriously?? I spoke my peice....she made a decision.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 3:41 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Nice friend! Wow, to put that on YOU?? WTF?? That just reiterates that you made the right choice by cutting her off. That's SO hard to do (I've been there, too), but it's worth it once you do it. Give yourself time to grieve the relationship if needed (it still hurts- you care, I assume!), but soon enough, you'll be glad you did what you did. I know for me, it's hard to think about the good times in the friendship, and her kids whose births I attended, and are suffering with a dickhead dad and a mom who makes bad decisions (IMO), but I don't miss being involved in the drama or stressing out over it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Yes I had to end a friendship after 14 years which is a lot when you're only 25 years old! I tried to keep the friendship going because of the love I have for her children but enough was enough, I couldn't sit there and listen to her about her recent divorce when I agree with all the reasons her husband left her for. She'll swear up and down she's an amazing mom but I disagree, she allows herself and her children to live in filth, before she got a job that requires her to wake up early in the morning she'd sleep until late morning and the kids even at the age of 4 had to fend for themselves for breakfast unless their father got home from work early and was home when they woke up. She ignores the kids, makes her two oldest (ages 8 and 6) watch their 2 year old brother. She'll often skip lunch and wait until 8 or later to make them dinner. She constantly cheated on her ex-fiance and even now jumps from one boyfriend to the other
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• yeah, you did the right thing.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:03 PM on May. 17, 2011

• yeah you did whats right for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:13 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh YES!!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:44 PM on May. 17, 2011

• yes, im sure everyone at some point in their life have to cut ties with so called friends
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 9:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Actually, I've had to cut off family because of too much drama.
    Anonymous

• I have had to cut ties with friends. I could not understand needing to sleep with 5 guys behind her dh's back. Then when she found out he was screwing girls behind her back she was devastated. What? Really? Why? She was doing the same thing. Sometimes you just have to cut out toxic people.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I have had two friends, one sister, one ex husband, and a step daughter that were so toxic, the relationship is gone.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:50 PM on May. 17, 2011