I know I can't be the ONLY mom who does this! lol

My baby girl...God knows I love her but sometimes she talks SO FREAKING MUCH! lol

She will talk for an hour or more NONSTOP...sometimes I want to just tell her "please, please be quite for 2 minutes before mommy has a mental breakdown! lol" but of course I never do that....but I sometimes...well I don't exactly ignore her but I stop listening and just let her talk...and I go "mmhmm" or laugh or say "oh how funny" in the right spots lol...she's happy because she's doing her favorite activity..talking lol...and I'm happy because I don't have to really be interested in the long drawn out story she's telling me about Willa's Wild Life and Caillou lol

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:43 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• My mother used to do that with me, I used to add random vegetables in the conversation when I was an early teen to check if she was listening or not. As in "Well today me and Laura met a cabbage" And she'd say "Oh how lovely" and that's how I'd know! My children aren't old enough yet but if they talk as much as I do then yes I'll be ignoring them at points!
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 3:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• LOL.. My dd was talking my dh's ear off....he was doing the head nod and yeah thing...somewhere in the middle of the conversation she asked him if she could take $10 out of his wallet. Of course he said yes. She kept on talking to him after the fact... I was listening and about fell out laughing. When he asked what I was laughing at...I told him he had just been scammed out of $10. My dd started laughing too. He handed it over. She got him pretty good....he listens better now.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:53 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Oh yeah. Car rides can be tough.
    Anonymous

• omg no. i feel bad too but sometimes my ears just need a break :)
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 3:45 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My dd talks constantly as well. She has gotten better though. I had to tell her..."sometimes you talk way to much" We talked about the time and place for talking. That not every adult needs to hear her whole life story. How telling me that someone's pencil rolled off the desk does not mean she needs to interrupt me.

We have quiet time. I have my quiet time each afternoon. When we get home she does her homework and has a snack. We talk over her snack. During homework time it is quiet time unless she needs help. But we all need our quiet time.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 3:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My 10 year old daughter is like that. I do that but sometimes she catches me. I guess if she really looks at me, she can tell I'm not paying attention. She will ask me "Mom what did I just say" BUSTED!!!
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:49 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I dont have an aspergers child and I do that.

Anonymous

• You're not alone. Geez my 11 y/o has the gift to gab!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• In my case with three boys (including my dh) in the house I'm the only girl. I'm the one being ignored and I know it. :-)
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:52 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My baby girl doesnt talk much yet since she is only 5 1/2 months old lol but she does make a'lot of noises here and there
    Chihiro_dorky

Answer by Chihiro_dorky at 4:00 PM on May. 17, 2011