Tips for getting my curls to last longer when i curl my hair?

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 3:46 PM on May. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Use a thermal setting spray before you curl. But spray lightly and at least 9 inches away so you don't over do it! It's tough stuff!
    I like Redken Hot Sets, or Redken Spray Starch, I also like Biolage's spray as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:48 PM on May. 17, 2011

• It is damaging...but what I used to do before all the cool stuff they have now...but what I would do is when you have your hair in the iron spray hair spray in it. Then just run your fingers through it.
    I also use a wonderful curl defining foam
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 3:58 PM on May. 17, 2011

• My hair is fine, limp, thin.. straight and terrible to curl! The ONLY way I have ever been able to curl my hair is by using a 1 inch flat iron (I can't remember the brand, but it was like $100, so pretty expensive just to get some curl, but I use it to straighten my hair daily as well). Basically I start at the base, pull and twist. Gives me perfect curls that actually last! I don't use any type of product or anything and the curls will last me all day at work!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:07 PM on May. 17, 2011

• The biggest mistake I used to make was spraying hairspray on my hair right before curling it. Now what I do is wash my hair and let it air dry. Then after every individual curl I spray it with tresemme extra hold spray then wrap the curl around my finger then pen it to my head with a bobby pin or clip. Sometimes I put rollers on them to. The curls hold great.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 12:12 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Thanks ladies!
    campbellb3421

Comment by campbellb3421 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2011